Once a certification contract has been signed, the parties (the operator & SRS) have the following duties and rights:
SRS’ duties include:
- verifying the compliance of the operator to standards chosen;
- carrying out annual inspections and additional inspections, if applicable;
- hiring competent and reliable inspectors;
- responding to complaints; and
- publishing and informing the operator about all changes in standards.
The operator’s duties include:
- working in compliance with the standards chosen;
- completing an operations description and providing additional information to SRS;
- allowing inspections to take place;
- providing the inspectors access to all locations and people involved in the operation at any time, as well as presenting required documents to the inspector;
- informing SRS of any changes in the operation;
- in cases of complaints or non-compliance findings, cooperating to solve these.
Both parties have the right to terminate the contact, should either party not fullfill their duties.